This delicious overnight breakfast casserole with bacon and sausage is so easy to make ahead of time for a hearty and delicious breakfast!
Over the years, I have learned that I can really enjoy mornings if a few things are in place. I always set my coffee the night before so it’s ready when I wake up and if I get a few moments to myself before I have to hit the ground running, it really helps.
Another way to streamline mornings is by making an overnight breakfast casserole. I don’t know why my default is to think they should be reserved for holidays because nothing could be further from the truth!
This simple breakfast casserole with bacon and sausage will start off any old morning just right.
Simple Ingredients Make Breakfast Casserole Easy
This dish is so versatile and can really be made in a variety of ways. Growing up, I was a fed a Midwestern diet with lots of meat and potatoes, so this bacon and sausage dish will fit right in.
All you need is breakfast sausage, bacon, bread, eggs, cheese and a few other ingredients to make your morning a little more special.
Plus soaking it all together overnight really lets the flavors mix.
The night before, cook and drain the sausage and bacon, then mix it together with the cubed bread and other ingredients.
Did you notice the mustard in that photo? It really adds a unique touch!
Mix everything together and pour into a 13×9 baking pan. Then cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator overnight.
Tip: If you want breakfast for dinner, just flip the switch and prepare your casserole in the morning! It will still be great if you let it sit all day rather than overnight. About 8 hours should do it.
If you love breakfast casseroles, check out these tasty breakfast casserole ideas to add to your meal plan.
Once that beauty comes out of the oven you’ll want to dig right in!
Serve with fruit or yogurt for a nice sweet balance to the savory casserole.
Overnight Breakfast Casserole with Bacon and Sausage Recipe
There is something so luxurious waking up to a meal that is already done for you, even if you made it yourself! Grab your coffee (I love this simple coffee maker that I can set the night before) and take a few deep breaths before you start your day.
We love breakfast in this house! Check out more ideas below:
Breakfast Casserole with Bacon & Sausage
Be sure to check out my tips and tricks in the post. Scroll up to read!
- 1 pound breakfast sausage cooked and drained
- ½ pound bacon cooked and chopped
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 slices of white bread cubed
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese grated plus more for top if you like
- Cook and drain sausage, set aside
- Cook and chop bacon, set aside
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, add the milk, salt and mustard
- Stir in the bread cubes, cheese, cooked sausage and bacon
- Pour into baking pan (13×9)
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 40 minutes until knife inserted comes out clean
- Serve immediately
- Store leftovers in refrigerator
Nutrition information is estimated. For the most accurate info, always doublecheck with your ingredients.