30 Minute Bruschetta Chicken Bake Recipe
on Apr 26, 2022, Updated Apr 03, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
For a versatile and delicious weeknight meal, try this easy bruschetta chicken bake recipe. Juicy chicken breasts are seasoned with spices and baked to perfection and topped with a delightfully fresh tomato bruschetta on top.
Serve as is for a low carb meal or enjoy with pasta and garlic bread for a 30 minute meal that’s sure to become a family favorite!
Bruschetta Chicken Ingredients
When easy recipes use fresh ingredients it’s like a match made in heaven. I love this baked chicken recipe because it’s simple and healthy and packed with classic Italian flavors.
It’s the perfect light and easy weeknight meal, especially in the warmer months. Here’s what you need to get started.
- Roma tomatoes or campari tomatoes (diced)
- Red onion, diced
- Fresh basil, stems removed and chopped
- Garlic cloves, minced
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Balsamic vinegar
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Dried parsley
- Dried basil
- Black pepper
- Avocado oil
How to Make Bruschetta Chicken
Prepare the Chicken
First, preheat oven to 400°F
In a small bowl, combine onion powder, garlic powder, dried parsley, dried basil, salt and pepper. If you have it, feel free to use Italian seasoning instead.
Pat chicken dry and season on both sides.
Heat one tablespoon of avocado oil in a cast iron skillet on the stove top set to medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, place the seasoned chicken breasts in the skillet.
Allow the chicken to cook for 2 minutes each side.
Turn off the heat and place the skillet in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes of bake time.
TIP: Chicken is fully cooked when the internal temperature reached 165°F in the thickest part of the chicken breast.
Make Bruschetta Mixture
While the chicken is in the oven, make the bruschetta topping using the fresh basil, tomato, onions, and garlic along with the other ingredients.
Using a medium bowl, add all the bruschetta ingredients and stir to combine. Set aside.
When the chicken is done, remove the baking dish from the oven rest for 5 minutes.
Then, spoon the tomato mixture on top of the chicken and enjoy!
Recipe Variations and Substitutes
Fresh bruschetta uses simple ingredients that can be easily modified. It’s a very forgiving dish and so good. Here are a few variations that work well.
- Use grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes (I love this chopper for slicing)
- Drizzle some balsamic glaze on top (this has sugar in it so be careful if counting carbs)
- If you like melted mozzarella cheese, add it to the chicken for the last couple minutes of cooking time
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top
- Use fresh mozzarella cheese instead of shredded cheese
- If you don’t have a cast iron skillet, transfer chicken to an oven safe baking dish after searing in a pan.
What to serve with Baked Bruschetta Chicken
The best part about this simple meal is its versatility. Eat it right away for a low carb healthy meal or try one of the following ideas to round out this easy bruschetta chicken recipe.
- With your favorite pasta (plain or with pesto sauce)
- With pesto zucchini noodles
- Garlic Bread
- Crusty bread with a little bit of olive oil
- With roasted vegetables
- Caesar salad
How to Store Bruschetta Chicken
Refrigerate leftover chicken in an airtight container for up to 3 days. I recommend keeping the bruschetta mixture separate.
To reheat leftover chicken, place it on a microwave safe plate and heat for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between.
Add bruschetta on top and serve immediately.
Print the Recipe Card – Chicken Bruschetta Bake Recipe
Print and save the step by step instructions below. I hope you love this recipe as much as I do. Enjoy!
Baked Bruschetta Chicken
- 1 cup roma or campari tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion, diced
- ⅓ cup fresh basil, stems removed and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, add all the bruschetta ingredients and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine onion powder, garlic powder, dried parsley, dried basil, salt and pepper.
- Season both sides of chicken.
- Heat one tablespoon of avocado oil in a cast iron skillet on medium-high heat.
- After the oil is hot, place the seasoned chicken breasts in the skillet.
- Allow the chicken to cook for 2 minutes each side.
- Turn off the heat and place the skillet in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes to finish the cooking process.
- Internal temperature of chicken should reach 165 degrees F when fully cooked.
- Remove skillet from the oven and allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes.
- Spoon on fresh bruschetta mixture and enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.