Leftover Turkey Eggrolls
on Nov 15, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These golden brown easy turkey eggrolls are the perfect way to use leftover turkey after a holiday feast.
Whether it is Thanksgiving or Christmas, these eggrolls made with your favorite holiday leftovers are full of flavor.
Kids and adults will love this recipe.
Also, make sure to check out my pumpkin magic cake, it is a must-make holiday dessert that will win over a crowd.
Table of Contents
Why I Love Leftover Turkey Egg Rolls
- The perfect recipe to make leftovers taste like a whole new meal. No more boring leftovers.
- Easy to make with flaky and crispy eggroll wrappers.
- Versatile filling options.
These ingredients are simple and easy to reach for after a delicious holiday dinner.
See the recipe card below for amounts and instructions.
- Don’t have turkey? No problem! Swap the cooked turkey with leftover ham or even chicken. Or go meatless.
- Use green bean casserole, matchstick carrot sticks, or another veggie instead of stuffing or potatoes.
- Dip your egg rolls in gravy instead of cranberry dipping sauce. Or eat them plain if you are not a sauce lover.
- Consider slicing Brie, Swiss, or even a little mozzarella and adding it to the filling.
- Feel free to change up the filling to any of the leftovers you have on hand. Experiment to find what works for you.
How to Make Them
This easy egg roll recipe is made in an air fryer. When you start with leftovers, half the work is already done. Below are easy to follow instructions with photos.
First, combine the turkey breast, stuffing, and potatoes in a large bowl and set aside.
Place an egg roll wrapper on a work surface and add two heaping tablespoons of mixture into the middle of the egg roll.
Brush the whisked egg on the sides of the wrapper and fold the left and right corners so they overlap one another.
Fold the bottom corner up and roll the top corner down enclosing the egg roll filling inside.
Spray the filled rolls with non-stick cooking spray and add to your air fryer basket.
Fry egg rolls at 375°F for 10 minutes on one side and another 3-4 minutes on the other side. Make sure you spray each side with cooking spray again when turning.
Remove and allow to cool for about five minutes before eating.
Serve with some cranberry sauce and enjoy!
Tips for Making Egg Rolls
- Have all your ingredients laid out and ready for assembling the egg rolls.
- Don’t overfill the eggrolls or they will be hard to seal and stay together.
- You can deep fry or air fry your egg rolls. The choice is yours.
- Make sure to add egg wash around the edges of the eggroll wrapper as this acts like glue.
- Serve your eggrolls warm and fresh, as they will offer that crispy texture. If you don’t serve freshly cooked they will get soft.
- Rotate the egg rolls during cooking to ensure all sides are evenly cooked.
Yes, you can make and freeze the egg rolls for 2-3 months. Or you can prep and refrigerate for 24 hours. Then fry them in the air fryer when ready to enjoy.
If you are cooking from frozen, add a little extra cook time to ensure they are heated all the way through.
Yes, you can bake these turkey egg rolls. First, preheat the oven to 375°F. Then place the egg rolls on a lined baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Make sure to flip halfway through. Cook until warmed all the way through and golden brown in color.
More Holiday Recipe Ideas
Want even more delicious recipes? Try one of these popular dishes.
Leftover Turkey Eggrolls
- 1 cup leftover turkey, chopped
- 1 cup stuffing
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 1 egg
- 8 egg roll wrappers
- 1 cup Cranberry sauce for dipping
- In a bowl, gently combine the turkey, stuffing, and potatoes.
- Place two heaping tablespoons of mixture onto the center of an egg roll wrapper.
- Brush whisked egg on the edges of the wrapper and fold the left and right corners overlapping one another.
- Fold the bottom corner up to begin to close the egg roll.
- Roll the top corner down enclosing the egg roll.
- Spray rolls with non-stick spray.
- Lay eggrolls in an air fryer basket and cook on 375°F for 10 minutes on one side.
- Turn rolls and spray again. Then cook for 3 more minutes on the other side.
- Remove and let cool before eating.
- Serve with cranberry sauce for dipping and enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.