Learn how to make kale chips at home. It’s a super easy and delicious treat that kids and adults love.
Want to know how to make kale chips? Let me just tell you, I have some kale-lovin folks in this family! I myself ate two ENTIRE pans of it today so I feel that I am somewhat of an authority on the topic.
Let me break it down for you. When I snack, I want one of two things: donuts or chips. This is well documented. I am not about to give up my toasted coconut donuts. But I can do something about the empty carbs in regular potato chips.
Sometimes on the way home from dropping our van off to be serviced, we get donuts. Other times, I make kale chips in the oven.
Guess what? We eat them both just as fast.
I love to buy an ENORMOUS bag of kale so I can eat chips ALL DAY LONG. Kale chips are seriously so good and I’m going to tell you the secret of how to make them at home.
Did I mention how easy it is? And when we aren’t eating the chips, I love to make this super easy sausage kale soup. And yes, my kids devour that too!
Yes, friends it’s true. And before you think my children are veggie-loving health experts, stop right there. Kale is one of the FEW veggies they will eat.
So get em while they are hot because they are that good.
How to Make Kale Chips
- Raw Kale - either fresh or bagged
- Cooking oil spray
- Garlic Powder
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees
- Remove ALL stalks from kale - keeping only the leafy parts
- Arrange on un-greased cookie sheet
- Lightly spray with oil (very lightly - like one pass)
- Dust with Garlic powder and salt (or garlic salt)
- Bake at 275 for 30 minutes at least! You really don't want these to be underdone. Just watch to be sure they don't burn. As far as I am concerned, the crispier the better!
- When done I sprinkle with a little more salt....ahem. AND THEN EAT THEM ALL.
Want more? I have more posts about snacks!
Post updated from 2013