Instant Pot White Chicken Chili is the definition of comfort food. It’s a flavorful dish loaded with filling ingredients like shredded tender chicken, creamy white beans, spicy green chilis, and sweet corn, all enveloped in a luscious and velvety broth.
This quick 45-minute dish is sure to quickly become a family favorite meal!
Or if you’re looking for something a little lighter, try our 30-minute bruschetta chicken bake.
White Chicken Chili
Easy white bean chicken chili is an instant pot staple! This comfort food meal is rich, luscious, and stick-to-your bones delicious.
It requires minimal effort and makes a lot, so you can have leftovers throughout the week or freeze some for later.
Plus, you can top it with all your favorite chili toppings! I like my chili with a sprinkle of shredded sharp cheddar cheese, thin slices of creamy avocado, chopped cilantro, and finished with a dollop of tangy sour cream!
Ingredient Shopping List
This easy instant pot chicken chili requires minimal ingredients, many of which are pantry staples, or can be quickly picked up from the store.
Here’s what you’ll need to have when you’re ready to make:
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Chicken stock or broth
- Yellow onion
- Great northern beans
- Frozen corn
- Cream cheese
- Green chiles
- Chili powder
- Black pepper
How To Make This Instant Pot Chili
First, dice the onions.
Then, to the inner pot of the Instant Pot, add the beans and corn, followed by the diced onion, garlic, green chiles, and spices.
Next, add the chicken breast on top of the ingredients.
Top chicken with cubed cream cheese pieces and cover with chicken broth.
Place the lid on top and turn the vent to the sealed position.
Adjust the settings to cook for 15 minutes followed by a natural pressure release for 10 minutes before pressing the release button. The Instant Pot should take approximately 10 minutes to come to pressure.
After the pressure has released, open the lid and remove the chicken. Place in a small bowl and shred using two forks.
Then, stir the chili well until all ingredients are combined and the cream cheese has melted.
Add the shredded chicken back to the instant pot and give a good stir to combine.
Serve warm with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
- Tortilla chips or strips
- Sour cream, Mexican crema, or even Greek yogurt
- Chopped green onion
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese, pepper jack, or Mexican blend
- Sliced avocado
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Fresh guacamole
- Homemade pico de gallo or your favorite store-bought brand
- Jalapeno slices
- Lime wedges
How To Store Leftovers
Store any leftover chili in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Can This White Chili Be Frozen?
Sure can! Freeze cooled chili in a freezer-safe airtight container for up to 3 months.
When ready to enjoy, thaw in the fridge overnight.
To reheat, place chili in a large pot on the stove over medium-low heat and heat until warmed through. Leftovers can also be warmed in the microwave for 2-3 minutes, stirring halfway through.
Can White Chicken Chili Be Made In The Crockpot?
Of course! If making in the slow cooker, be sure to use chicken breast or chicken thighs as rotisserie chicken or leftover chicken will dry out.
To make in the Crockpot, add chicken breast or thighs to the bottom of the slow cooker and top with spices. Then, add diced onion, minced garlic, beans, chiles, corn, and chicken broth and stir.
Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or on HIGH for 3-4. Remove cooked chicken and place in a large bowl. With two forks, shred. Return to slow cooker.
Add in softened cream cheese. Stir. Cover and cook on HIGH for 15 minutes or until the cream cheese is melted and the broth is thick and creamy.
Pro Tip For Making This White Chicken Chili Extra Creamy
White chicken chili gets its velvety creaminess from the cream cheese and the white beans. To make this chili even more luscious, puree part of the beans.
To puree, add 1 cup of great northern beans and a little bit of the chicken broth to a food processor or blender. Pulse until smooth and creamy, and set aside until ready to mix in.
Tips and Tricks
- Feel free to use any white bean such as navy beans or cannellini beans also known as white kidney beans
- To save time, feel free to use rotisserie or leftover chicken
- Feel free to use fresh corn or canned in place of the frozen. If using canned, be sure to completely drain prior to adding to Instant Pot.
- Bring cream cheese to room temperature to ensure easier melting
- Swap in ground chicken or turkey if you’d prefer
- Try this chili over cilantro lime rice for an even heartier meal.
Print the Recipe Card – White Chicken Chili Recipe
When you’re looking for a dish that’s a fun twist on the traditional chili recipe that the whole family will love, make this easy Instant Pot White Chicken Chili for a quick delicious dinner.
White Chicken Chili – Instant Pot Method
Be sure to check out my tips and tricks in the post. Scroll up to read!
- Pressure Cooker (Instant Pot)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 ¼ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup yellow onion diced
- 30 oz great northern beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cups frozen corn white and yellow mix or just yellow
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 4 oz green chiles
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- To the inner pot of the Instant Pot, add the beans and corn, followed by the onion, garlic, green chiles, and spices.
- Next, add the chicken breast on top of the ingredients. Top chicken with cubed cream cheese pieces and cover with chicken broth.
- Place the lid on top and set the valve to sealed. Adjust the settings to cook for 15 minutes followed by a natural pressure release for 10 minutes before pressing the release button. The Instant Pot should take approximately 10 minutes to come to pressure.
- After the pressure has released, open the lid and remove the chicken. Place in a small bowl and shred using two forks.
- Then, stir the chili well until all ingredients are combined and the cream cheese has melted. Add the shredded chicken back to the instant pot and give a good stir to combine.
- Serve warm with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Nutrition information is estimated. For the most accurate info, always doublecheck with your ingredients.