Today’s post is a quick and easy queso recipe that is packed with flavor and includes savory ground beef or sausage for an extra punch!
If you have ever had the skillet queso at Chili’s, you knowwwww what I am talking about. This dip is legit and it only takes a few minutes and 4 ingredients to make at home.
Queso recipes are high on my list of love languages. The addition of ground beef really takes an already easy recipe up a notch.
Serve this cheesy dip with tortilla chips or Fritos corn chips for the perfect party food.
Beef Queso Ingredients
To make this dip, all you need to have are a few simple ingredients. Here’s what to buy.
- Ground beef (or hot sausage for a spicy dip)
- Cream Cheese
- Taco Seasoning
You can cook the entire dip in a skillet or simply brown the meat and add it to a crock pot to stay warm.
Easy Cheesy Queso Recipe with Meat – Skillet Instructions
In a large skillet, brown the ground beef over medium high heat. Drain off grease, if any.
Once you have browned the ground beef, add the Rotel, cream cheese & taco seasoning into the skillet.
Stir for about 3-5 minutes or until cream cheese has fully melted.
Transfer to a serving dish or leave in the skillet and serve with tortilla chips.
I’ll admit there’s not a lot of ways to make this dip look pretty. But a cast iron skillet does look great on a party table if you have one!
Need more appetizers? Try this Buffalo Chicken Crescents recipe next.
Crock Pot Queso Dip Instructions
Brown the sausage or ground beef on the stove top and drain off excess grease.
Then, add meat with all the remaining ingredients to a slow cooker and set on low until cream cheese is melted.
Stir dip and reduce temperature to warm.
I love this method for football season because it stays warm for the whole game. That is, if it lasts that long!
This dip is great as is, but if you want to add even more flavor try adding some chopped red onion to your beef mixture. You can also stir in some black beans and chili powder or a can of green chiles.
Top with fresh cilantro or green onions and watch this crowd pleaser disappear!
Print the Recipe
Homemade queso dip is the perfect appetizer and one of my favorite easy dip recipes.
If by some miracle you end up with leftovers, just pop them in an airtight container and refrigerate until next time. Enjoy!
The Easiest Queso Recipe – with Meat!
Be sure to check out my tips and tricks in the post. Scroll up to read!
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 oz Packet Taco Seasoning
- 10 oz Can Rotel
Stove Top Instructions
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef over medium heat.
- Once you have browned the ground beef, add the Rotel, cream cheese & taco seasoning into the skillet.
- Stir for about 3-5 minutes or until cream cheese has fully melted.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve with chips.
Slow Cooker Instructions
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef over medium heat and drain off grease.
- Once you have browned the ground beef, add the Rotel, cream cheese & taco seasoning into the slow cooker and set to low heat.
- Stir occasionally until cream cheese has fully melted.
- Reduce heat to low and enjoy!
Nutrition information is estimated. For the most accurate info, always doublecheck with your ingredients.