This Buffalo chicken crescents recipe is super easy to make for a delicious dinner or savory appetizer. I’m talking dinner done in less than 30 minutes.
Delicious rolls are stuffed with chicken, cheese, hot sauce and more and cooked until golden brown and perfectly flaky.
If you love buffalo chicken, you will love them!
Stuffed roll dinners are my favorite because the whole family loves buttery crescent rolls and they are super versatile when it comes to filling.
I started years ago making beef empanada roll ups for weeknight dinners and my love has only grown. If you like sweet rolls, don’t miss my cranberry orange crescents.
These buffalo chicken rolls need just a few simple ingredients and they are great for using up any leftover rotisserie chicken you may have in the fridge.
What you need:
- Cream cheese, softened
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- Buffalo hot sauce (I prefer Frank’s)
- Ranch seasoning mix
- Crescent roll dough
- Green onions or chives (optional garnish)
I’ll let you in on a little secret, this cream cheese recipe also makes a fantastic dip for vegetables, crackers, chips. You name it!
How to Make It
Go ahead and preheat your oven to 375°F.
Then to begin, cook and shred your chicken. This recipe takes very little prep time and if you already have leftover chicken or rotisserie meat, it will be that much easier!
Just be sure the chicken is chopped or shredded into small pieces.
In a large bowl, stir together the cream cheese, shredded cheese, shredded chicken, hot sauce, and ranch seasoning mix until well combined.
Then, unroll the crescent roll dough and separate the triangles.
Take a spoonful of the chicken mixture and spread it over the top of each triangle.
Feel free to cover all of the crescent dough with filling and roll it up.
Place the rolled crescents on an un-greased cookie sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the crescent rolls are golden brown.
The result is cheesy chicken crescent rolls that will melt in your mouth.
Optional: After baking, brush the the rolls with melted butter and sprinkle green onions and blue cheese crumbles on top.
Be sure to try our buffalo chicken macaroni and cheese next!
What to Serve With Buffalo Chicken Crescent Rolls
If you are making this recipe as a meal, I recommend serving it with a side salad or some chopped fresh veggies and ranch dressing or bleu cheese.
Fresh fruits would also balance the spicy flavors nicely.
If you’re adding stuffed crescent rolls to an appetizer table, be sure to check out my buffalo deviled eggs and spicy meatballs for more ideas.
If you have leftover filling, warm it in a small slow cooker or microwave for 30 seconds at a time until the chicken mixture and cheese are melted and well combined.
Store leftovers in an airtight container. They’ll make a great quick lunch the next day.
Print the Recipe
I love buffalo chicken just about any way. If you’re like me, you’ll love it too. Enjoy!
Buffalo Chicken Crescents Recipe
Be sure to check out my tips and tricks in the post. Scroll up to read!
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded chicken
- 1 tablespoon Buffalo sauce or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning mix
- 1 8- count container crescent roll dough
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Stir together the cream cheese, shredded cheese, shredded chicken, hot sauce, and ranch seasoning mix until well combined.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough and separate the triangles.
- Spread a thin layer of chicken mixture over the top of each crescent roll triangle and roll it up.
- Place the rolled crescents on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until the crescent rolls are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Enjoy with carrots and ranch or a side salad.
Nutrition information is estimated. For the most accurate info, always doublecheck with your ingredients.