It’s hard to be adventurous in the kitchen every single day. Sometimes you just need a gimme meal. These easy fake’n’bake empanadas are perfect for a busy weeknight when you don’t have a lot of time!
Maybe you got good deal on ground beef and want to do something different and easy. Maybe you just like empanadas. Whatever works for you! I don’t judge. I don’t claim this recipe to be all that original, or authentic. But it sure was good!
- 1 lb or less Ground beef
- 1 Onion, diced
- Taco Seasoning
- 1 Can Rotel
- Cheddar Cheese to taste
- Saute Ground beef with one chopped onion/drain fat
- Season with taco seasoning (or make your own with cumin, coriander, cilantro leaf and salt)
- Add one can Rotel (I drained off most of the juice)
- Add cheddar cheese
- Meanwhile: Preheat oven and roll out croissants (I used Pillsbury)
- Spoon filling onto each triangle, roll, and bake!
- Top with Sour Cream and hot sauce. Yum!
I used a little less than a pound of beef and had WAY too much filling for 8 croissants, just to give you an idea. I piled the rest in a pizza crust and folded it over to take care of the leftovers. That was good too, but the croissant went better with the mixture.
Pin it for later!