Everyone needs a good meatball recipe and these slow cooker spicy meatballs are delicious!
Whether you love sweet and spicy meatballs for an appetizer or want to use them in a meal, these are easy to make and definitely yummy.
Use beef or turkey meatballs and add a delicious sauce using honey, sriracha and soy sauce for that perfectly balanced flavor.
I love to top them with green onions and sesame seeds too. So good!
Sweet and Spicy Meatballs Shopping List
Below are the items you will need to make the meatballs.
I use my Crockpot for these so they have lots of time to simmer and let the flavors merge.
You will need:
- Frozen fully cooked beef meatballs (or turkey)
- Light brown sugar
- Jalapeno ketchup
- Sriracha sauce
- Soy sauce
- Garlic, minced
- Green onions or chopped cilantro, optional
What to Serve with Sweet and Spicy Meatballs
Meatballs make a great addition to any buffet next to a charcuterie board or on your game day table, and they are so good to snack on.
That said, if you want to make them into a meal, here are a few ways to serve them.
- Over rice – white rice makes a great base for these meatballs and balances out that extra kick! I make mine in the Instant Pot and it’s perfect every time!
- With green beans or broccoli – throw in some fresh veggies during the last 20-30 minutes of cooking and enjoy!
- In a bun – steam up some rolls or get fancy and make some Bao Buns for a dinner that is sure to please.
Don’t forget dessert! Finish off with a delicious fudge brownie or slice of heavenly pound cake!
You can thank me later.
How to make Sweet and Spicy Meatballs in a Slow Cooker
Sweet and Spicy Meatballs
Be sure to check out my tips and tricks in the post. Scroll up to read!
- 2 pounds frozen fully cooked beef meatballs
- 1 ⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 ⁄4 cup honey
- 1 cup jalapeno ketchup
- 3 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 1 ⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Green onions or cilantro optional
- Place meatballs in a 4 quart slow cooker.
- In a bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, honey, ketchup, sriracha, soy sauce and garlic until combined.
- Pour the sauce over the frozen meatballs and toss to fully coat the meatballs.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 2-3 hours.
- Serve garnished with sliced green onions or chopped cilantro over rice or alone as an appetizer
Nutrition information is estimated. For the most accurate info, always doublecheck with your ingredients.