The BEST Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
on Dec 05, 2022, Updated Mar 29, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
My love for buffalo chicken has never been stronger. I made these buffalo chicken quesadillas last week and I ate them almost every day for lunch.
They are so tasty and full of flavor thanks to a delicious mix of buffalo wing sauce, ranch dressing and cilantro.
Move over buffalo chicken sandwiches because there is nothing like a crispy tortilla with these flavors.
What I Love about these Quesadillas
- Easy to make
- Warm lunch
- Family friendly
I keep most of these simple ingredients in my home already so this was so easy to pull together.
And it’s easy to make a swap here and there if you don’t have something specific.
Here’s what you need:
- Olive oil
- Yellow onion
- Garlic cloves
- Shredded chicken breast
- Buffalo hot sauce
- Fresh cilantro
- Ranch dressing
- Ground black pepper
- Juice of 1 lime
- Flour tortillas
- Cheddar cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
How to Make Delicious Quesadillas
This is such a quick meal and so delicious you’ll be coming back for more.
It makes a great quick dinner for the whole family or an easy lunch if you work from home like I do.
I typically buy a rotisserie chicken and use the meat all week. But you can use any kind of leftover chicken breast. Just make sure to shred it for this recipe.
Using a large skillet on the stove or an electric skillet, sauté chopped onion with some olive oil and cook until the onion is soft.
Season with salt and mix in minced garlic. Then, add shredded leftover rotisserie chicken and stir for a minute or so until fragrant.
Mix in hot buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, fresh cilantro, lime juice, and ground pepper to the the onion mixture.
Simmer for a minute or two and remove from heat.
Add a little oil or cooking spray to a hot pan and over medium heat, place a flour tortilla in the pan and add some cheddar and mozzarella on top.
Spoon the buffalo chicken mixture over half of it with fold the other half of the tortilla over.
Sear on both sides of the folded quesadilla until the cheese melts and they are crispy and golden brown.
Transfer to a cutting board and slice.
Then serve your cheesy buffalo chicken quesadillas warm with some sour cream and chopped cilantro and enjoy!
I especially love the addition of cilantro to this recipe. It really compliments the buffalo flavor in a way I hadn’t expected!
That said, I know cilantro isn’t for everyone so here are a few ideas to make this the best buffalo chicken quesadilla recipe you have ever had.
- Use green onions instead of cilantro
- Mix in blue cheese dressing if you don’t want ranch
- Add a tablespoon of butter to reduce the heat of this dish
- Use block cheddar cheese and shred it yourself as it melts better
- Replace cheddar or mozzarella with a Mexican cheese blend if desired
- Try pepper jack cheese if you like it spicy
- Drizzle with additional buffalo wing sauce and blue cheese crumbles
Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for 2-3 days. For best results, reheat in the oven or air fryer to regain some of the crispiness.
Or you can make the chicken mixture and refrigerate it until ready to use. Then cook with the tortillas and cheese as directed.
Love Buffalo Sauce? Try these next:
- Buffalo Chicken Tater Tot Casserole
- Roasted Buffalo Brussel Sprouts with Ranch
- Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese
Print the Recipe Card
These buffalo chicken quesadillas are truly one of my new favorite ways to enjoy one of my favorite foods!
Buffalo chicken is a family favorite, so this recipe is a must-have! It’s quick and easy to make for game day or a delicious lunch. I hope you love it!
Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb shredded chicken breast, or rotisserie chicken
- 3 tbsp buffalo hot sauce
- 2 tsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp lime juice, about 1 lime
- 10 medium-size tortillas
- 1 ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Sauté chopped onion with a tbsp of olive oil for 5-6 minutes or until the onion is soft. Season with salt. Then add minced garlic and stir for a minute until fragrant.
- Add shredded chicken, hot buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, fresh cilantro, lime juice, and ground pepper. Mix to combine then remove from heat.
- Add some cheddar and mozzarella over a tortilla and place it in a skillet over medium heat.
- Spoon the buffalo chicken mixture over half the tortilla and fold the other half of the tortilla over.
- Sear on both sides until cheese is melted and the outside is crispy and golden brown.
- Serve warm with some sour cream and chopped cilantro.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.