Spring Salad with Cashews
on Apr 30, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This refreshing spring mix salad is a great way to add a healthy option to your menu. A spring salad with cashews is not only nutritious but also delicious and crunchy.
Add flavorful mandarin oranges and creamy avocado for a delicious and hearty salad that will fill you up.
Top your spring salad with your favorite dressing or make our easy homemade green goddess dressing for an out of this world flavor combination.
What is a spring salad with cashews?
A spring salad with cashews is a light, refreshing dish that combines various greens and vegetables with the nutty flavor of cashews.
It is typically served cold and can be enjoyed as a side dish or as a main course. The salad can be customized to suit individual tastes and dietary preferences.
This easy salad is delicious and wonderfully fresh. Eat it as a side or add chicken or other protein and make it a meal.
Here’s what you need for this simple salad:
- Spring salad mix
- Mandarin oranges, peeled and broken apart
- Cashews, roughly chopped
- Avocado, sliced thinly
- Salad Dressing
Additional optional toppings that will pair well include cherry tomatoes, red onion, and blue corn tortilla strips.
How to Make It
A spring salad with cashews is a great way to get a variety of nutrients in one meal. The mixed greens provide vitamins and minerals, while the cashews add healthy fats and protein.
Avocado is a good source of fiber and heart-healthy fats and the oranges provide vitamin C.
First, wash and dry the mixed greens and add them to a large bowl.
Peel and separate the mandarin orange pieces.
Peel and slice the avocado.
Use a sharp knife to chop the cashews into small pieces and sprinkle over the salad.
Drizzle dressing over the salad and toss until well combined and enjoy!
This easy salad recipe can be customized to suit your tastes and dietary preferences. Here are some variations to try:
- Add grilled chicken or tofu for extra protein.
- Use different types of nuts, such as almonds or walnuts.
- Add fruits like strawberries or blueberries for a touch of sweetness.
- Use a different type of dressing, such as balsamic vinaigrette or ranch.
- Top with goat cheese or shaved parmesan.
Print the Recipe
Spring Salad with Cashews
- 4 cups spring salad mix
- 3-4 mandarin oranges, peeled and broken apart
- ½ cup cashews, roughly chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced thinly
- Wash the spring mix.
- Peel and separate the orange pieces.
- Peel and slice avocado.
- Chop cashews into small pieces.
- Add all prepped ingredients to a large bowl and toss with green goddess dressing.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.