Holiday fun is my favorite and these mummy dogs for Halloween are adorable and make an easy Halloween dinner kids will love.
Using crescent rolls, your favorite hot dog brand and some fun candy eyes, you’ll be spooking up your dinner table in no time.
And if your kids are old enough, they can make these themselves. Double win!
This 4-ingredient recipe will be done in a flash and tasty too! Who doesn’t love a spooky spin on pigs in a blanket?
- Hot dogs – Regular hot dogs are our favorite but if you like cheese filled hot dogs, that would add another layer of ghoulish gooeyness!
- Crescent roll dough – Rolled out and cut into strips, this will form your mummy wrap.
- Candy eyes – Whatever kind you can find. Use them one, two, or three at a time.
- Ketchup – For dipping and also for securing the eyes on your little mummy dogs. Mustard eyes work too!
- Cooking spray – To coat your baking sheet. You can also spray dough to make handling it a little easier.
- Pizza cutter or kitchen scissors – For cutting strips of crescent dough.
- Large cookie sheet – depending on how many hot dogs you make, a smaller size could also work.
How to Make Halloween Mummy Dogs
Easy recipes are such a great way to get kids involved in cooking with supervision. My son can do all of the steps needed as long as I’m around while he’s using the oven.
To start, preheat oven to 350°F
Then, unroll the dough and press perforations together so you have one large rectangular dough sheet.
Using a pizza cutter, slice pieces of dough into thin strips.
Start at the end of each hot dog and begin wrapping a strip of dough all the way down to create your mummy wrap.
TIP: The crescent rolls will expand as they bake so be sure to keep some space as you wrap the hot dog to get the full effect.
If you have excess dough at the bottom of the hot dog, wrap it there or trim off.
Place your hot dog mummies on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray (or lined with parchment paper) and bake for about 10 minutes or until the crescent rolls are golden brown.
Use a small drop of ketchup to secure the candy eyes and serve immediately!
These fun crescent mummy dogs are one of the easiest Halloween recipes to make for a party appetizer or for dinner on Halloween night.
They would look great on a platter next to some Halloween brownie bites.
Print the Recipe:
This mummy dogs recipe is perfect for this year’s halloween party and so much fun!
Using simple ingredients, it doesn’t get much easier than this. Enjoy!
Easy Mummy Dogs for Halloween
Be sure to check out my tips and tricks in the post. Scroll up to read!
- 8 Hot Dogs
- 1 Pkg Canned Crescent Rolls
- 1 Tbsp Ketchup
- Candy Eyes assorted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or cooking spray.
- Unroll the dough and press perforations together. Then cut into thin strips.
- Wrap the dough around the hot dogs. Be sure to leave space for the hot dog to show through.
- Place each wrapped hot dog onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Using the ketchup as a glue, stick two candy eyes onto the hot dog mummy.
- Serve & enjoy.
Nutrition information is estimated. For the most accurate info, always doublecheck with your ingredients.