Fresh strawberry cake warm out of the oven is the perfect way to enjoy a summer morning. Make it with juicy red strawberries and dust with powdered sugar or creamy strawberry glaze!
If you love baking with fresh fruit I have another delicious recipe to try!
I’m a sucker for warm cake out of the oven and lately, I’ve really enjoyed experimenting with cakes that don’t need to be frosted.
Cakes with fresh fruits are not only delicious, they are just beautiful and comforting.
Or if you want something quick using canned fruit, try this delicious peach dump cake!
Our fresh strawberry cake is simple, sweet and pretty. It makes me happy!
Strawberry Cake Ingredients
This is another simple recipe so you may have most of these ingredients on hand already.
You will need:
- Applesauce (or oil)
- Ingredients for glaze (linked above and below)
This cake comes together so quickly!
Once you mix the batter together, it will be thick. The chopped strawberries will add some moisture to the mix even after you flour them.
I reserved a few strawberry slices to make a pretty little design on the top. It was a fun touch but not necessary!
Allow the cake to cool a bit before adding any toppings.
I tried both powdered sugar and glaze and they were both delicious. Freshly whipped cream would be another great choice!
Love baking with strawberries? Check out some of our other recipes.
Fresh Strawberry Cake Recipe Instructions
Fresh Strawberry Cake
Be sure to check out my tips and tricks in the post. Scroll up to read!
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1 Cups Sugar
- 1 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 eggs
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 2 TBSP Unsweetened applesauce can swap 1:1 for butter or oil
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1 Cup Strawberries chopped or sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F (325°F if using a glass pan or skillet)
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt
- Add in egg, milk, applesauce, and vanilla and beat vigorously for about 2 minutes
- Dust strawberries lightly with flour and gently fold into batter
- Turn batter into greased and floured iron skillet or 8×8 pan
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until knife comes out clean
- Dust with powdered sugar or strawberry glaze and enjoy
Nutrition information is estimated. For the most accurate info, always doublecheck with your ingredients.