A fresh grapefruit martini is sweet, tart, and completely refreshing. This easy cocktail is made with fresh grapefruit juice, triple sec, vodka, simple syrup and is perfect for warm days by the pool or with brunch.
Garnish your grapefruit cocktail with more fruit slices and sip for a casual drink or special occasion.
Best of all this refreshing cocktail takes just a minute or two to whip up. This is the perfect happy hour drink to enjoy sip by sip. Simple ingredients with a big flavor payout.
Another fruity drink to try out is this peach Bellini, it is bursting with sweet peach flavor.
This Grapefruit Martini Recipe Is
- Tart and Sweet
- Perfect drink for any day or night of the week.
- Made with simple ingredients.
- Made with fresh citrus juice
- Girls night approved
- Fun alcoholic drink
- Fresh Squeezed Grapefruit Juice: Grapefruit juice is the main flavor component of this cocktail. It provides a tangy and slightly bitter taste that is balanced out by the other ingredients.
- Triple Sec: Triple Sec is a sweet and slightly bitter orange-flavored liqueur that adds depth and complexity to the cocktail.
- Juice of 1 Lemon Wedge: The lemon wedge provides a bit of tartness to the cocktail and helps to balance the sweetness.
- Vodka: Vodka is a neutral spirit that allows the flavors of the other ingredients to shine through. It also adds a bit of strength to the cocktail.
- Simple Syrup (optional): Simple syrup is a mixture of sugar and water that is used to sweeten the cocktail. It is optional in this recipe, as the grapefruit juice and triple sec already provide sweetness.
- Fresh Grapefruit Slices for Garnish: Fresh grapefruit slices are used to garnish the cocktail and add a bit of visual interest. They also provide a small amount of additional grapefruit flavor.
Make it and Shake it
Add items into the cocktail shaker with a handful of ice.
Shake well to combine the drink, and then pour into a cocktail glass. Garnish with a grapefruit wedge or fresh mint leaves.
For best flavor serve right away.
Here are ways to change up this pink grapefruit martini recipe.
- Use fresh lime juice in replace of lemon juice.
- You can buy and use pink grapefruit juice instead of freshly squeezed.
- Use ruby red grapefruit for a pink cocktail.
- Add a splash of orange juice or orange liqueur for more citrus.
- Use a little simple syrup to sweeten the cocktail. Or if you prefer less sweet leave it out.
- You can sugar rim of the glass for extra sweetness when you sip.
Tips for Success
- When you shake up this classic cocktail, serve it freshly poured for the best flavor. Don’t add ice cubes to glass, or it can water down the drink.
- Fresh juice is going to offer the best flavor to the drink.
- I do prefer to use a martini shaker to ensure all the flavors of the drink mixes evenly.
Mix the cocktail as you would normally, but do not add ice. Once mixed, strain the cocktail into a clean glass container with a tight-fitting lid. Store the container in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Before serving, add ice to the cocktail and stir or shake as needed.
A Boston shaker is a type of cocktail shaker that consists of two parts: a metal shaker tin and a mixing glass. The metal tin is usually larger and has a wider opening, while the glass is smaller and has a narrower opening. The two parts are designed to fit snugly together to create a seal.
A martini is considered “dirty” when it has a small amount of olive brine added to it. Olive brine is the salty and slightly bitter liquid that is found in jars of olives. When added to a martini, it gives the cocktail a slightly cloudy appearance and a salty, savory taste.
Print the Recipe
Print or save this recipe for later. I hope you love it!
Be sure to check out my tips and tricks in the post. Scroll up to read!
- 1 cup ice
- 3 oz grapefruit juice freshly squeezed
- ½ oz triple sec
- Juice of 1 lemon wedge
- 2 oz vodka
- ½ oz simple syrup optional
- Fresh grapefruit slices for garnish
- To your cocktail shaker, add ice, grapefruit juice, triple sec, lemon juice, vodka, and simple syrup, if desired.
- Shake to combine and chill.
- Pour, strained, into your cocktail glass.
- Garnish with fresh grapefruit.
Nutrition information is estimated. For the most accurate info, always doublecheck with your ingredients.