No Bake Peanut Butter Balls with Rice Krispies
on Dec 15, 2022, Updated Apr 18, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
I have another fantastic treat for you to enjoy this winter. These no bake peanut butter balls with Rice Krispies have a little bit of everything from marshmallows and chocolate to the sweet and savory crunch of peanut butter and crispy rice cereal.
Dip in white melted chocolate and top them with sprinkles to make your own peanut butter snowballs!
What I Love
- Easy no bake treats
- Sweet and savory
- Crunchy snack
- Chocolate peanut butter filling
- Perfect treat for the holiday season
If you love Rice Krispie treats and traditional peanut butter balls (or Buckeyes), this will be another favorite as it is the perfect combination of the two!
All you need are a few simple ingredients to get started.
Here’s what you need to get from the grocery store:
- Mini marshmallows
- Creamy peanut butter
- Rice Krispies cereal
- Reese’s cup Minis (the really small ones)
- White Almond Bark
Melt the Marshmallow Mixture
To get started, heat a medium size saucepan over medium to low heat and melt the butter.
Stir the marshmallows in and peanut butter and keep stirring until melted.
In a large mixing bowl, add Rice Krispies and the peanut butter mixture and stir until well coated.
Let cool for about 10 minutes.
Form the Rice Krispie Peanut Butter Balls
Once your mixture is cooled, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Then, use a small cookie scoop to spoon about a tablespoon of the mixture and gently flatten it in your hand.
I like to add a little cooking spray to my hands when working with sticky stuff. It makes the process much easier.
Add a mini Reese’s cup in the middle and roll it into a ball so the chocolate is covered.
Place the peanut butter Rice Krispie balls on the lined baking sheet and refrigerate for a few minutes while preparing the melting chocolate.
Prepare the Chocolate Coating
If using Almond bark, heat it according to the package instructions in a double boiler.
Or if you want to use the microwave, place it in a small microwave-safe bowl and heat in 20-30 second intervals, stirring in between until melted.
Pro Tip: Remove from heat before coating is fully melted to prevent seizing. The chocolate almond bark will continue to melt as you stir.
Take a chilled peanut butter ball and dip it into the chocolate. Lift it out of the dip using a fork (or two) and gently tap the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate.
Place each ball on wax paper and add a dark chocolate drizzle or holiday sprinkles on top of the balls before they set. You can place the cookie sheet in the fridge if you want to speed up the drying process.
Once the chocolate has hardened, you can serve immediately or store in an airtight container until ready to enjoy.
This sweet treat is such a fun no bake recipe. If you want a little variety, check out these ideas for more chocolate peanut butter treats.
- Use white chocolate chips or semi-sweet chocolate chips instead of Almond Bark
- Top with chopped peanuts instead of sprinkles
- Use crunchy peanut butter for added crunch
- Use Cocoa Krispies for an easy way to add more chocolate flavor
Print the Recipe Card
This easy holiday treat is a combination of the best flavors in my opinion! And the addition of crispy cereal takes them to the next level. Enjoy!
Crispy Peanut Butter Balls
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 10 oz marshmallows, about one bag of mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 30 Reese’s Cup minis
- 24 oz White Almond Bark
- In a medium size pot over medium to low heat, melt the butter. Add marshmallows and peanut butter and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and add in Rice Krispies, stir well. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Take a spoonful of peanut butter mixture (about a tablespoon or so) and flatten, then add a Reese’s cup mini in the middle and wrap the ball around it adding more mixture as needed.
- Melt the almond bark or chocolate and dip each cereal ball until completely covered. Then place on parchment paper.
- Add sprinkles if desired and refrigerate for 35 minutes or until set.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.