Everyone loves Taco Tuesday, but why limit that tasty goodness to one day? My busy family loves this easy nachos recipe just about any day of the week. And what’s even better is the toppings can be modified for the more…choosy…members of your family.
Easy Nachos Recipe
One of my favorite treats to enjoy when out to dinner is a big plate of classic nachos. But when restaurants aren’t in the budget, making them at home is just as tasty and very easy on the wallet!
TIP: Skip the store-bought guacamole and see how easy it is to make your own. It’s so worth it!
- Chicken Breast, 1lb
- Salsa, 1 jar
- Tortilla Chips
- Black Beans
- Cheese, Mexican Blend or Cheddar
- Avocados, 2
- Sour Cream
- Black Olives
- Garlic Powder
- Put Chicken Breasts and Salsa in the slow cooker (on low if you're gone all day or for 6 hours if you have some flexibility)
- Preheat Broiler
- Shred cooked chicken
- Layer - Tortilla chips, black beans, chicken and cheese
- Put under broiler for about 5 minutes (until cheese is melted and chips are slightly browned)
- Top with more salsa, guacamole, sour cream and black olives!
- For Guacamole:
- Mash 2 Avocados with garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste. That's really all you need!
Like this recipe? Pin it for later!
We love this easy nachos recipe. But not everyone wants nachos as much as I do (ie. every day). I get that and I also know that making a yummy dinner doesn’t have to be time-consuming!
If you’re looking for something different, check out some of our other family favorites! And don’t forget about dessert!
What are your favorite weekend recipes?