St. Patrick’s Day Popcorn Mix
on Feb 21, 2020, Updated Mar 01, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This St. Patrick’s Day popcorn mix is so easy to throw together and so yummy! Who wouldn’t want a few bites of this sweet and savory snack?
If you think we are going to stop with the St. Patrick’s Day fun, think again! We have another quick and easy holiday snack to share and this time we’re adding pretzels and popcorn to the mix.
My kids would eat this every day if I let them!
It’s not hard to add a little color to your day with snacks like this and I don’t know about your family but these little treats always bring out the smiles.
St. Patrick’s Day Popcorn Mix Ingredients
You can make this mix in a variety of ways but here are a few ideas that are both sweet and savory.
Popcorn and pretzels bring the salty flavors and the sweetness of the candy melts, chocolate and marshmallows balance it out for a delicious combo.
Feel free to use your favorite popcorn as long as you have around 10-13 cups when popped.
Season as desired, but be careful about adding butter as it may prevent the candy melts from coating evenly.
Multi-colored chocolate candies were used for the rainbow of colors, but if you want to keep it all green, that would be fun too!
St. Patrick’s Day Popcorn Mix Recipe
This snack is so easy to make and only takes a few minutes to prepare. Enjoy!
For more St. Patrick’s Day snack ideas, you may enjoy the following posts:
- Leprechaun Hat St. Patrick’s Day Hat Treats
- Rainbow Cereal Treats
- St. Patrick’s Day Snack Ideas
- Green Pancakes
- The Best St. Patrick’s Day Cocktails (for grown-ups!)
St. Patrick's Day Popcorn Mix
- 1- 3 oz. Bag Microwave Popcorn - Popped, 10-13 cups
- 2- Cups Pretzels
- 1/2- Cup M&M's
- 1- Cup Dehydrated Cereal Marshmallows
- 1- Cup Green Candy Melts
- Gold Food Coloring Spray
- Lay pretzels flat on wax paper, foil or other surface and spray with gold food coloring spray until coated. Allow to dry, turn over and spray the other side.
- In the bowl of a double boiler melt the candy melts over low/medium heat.
- In a large bowl pour your candy melts over your popcorn and stir until the popcorn is evenly coated. Spread evenly across a cookie sheet or other flat surface and allow to cool.
- Once the popcorn is cooled combine it with the pretzels, M&M's and marshmallows, mix thoroughly.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.