If you love pasta and you are a TikTok user, you may have noticed versions of this tomato feta pasta going viral.
I love tomatoes and feta and pasta, so I knew I had to try it for myself!
Of course I can’t leave things alone so along with the cherry tomatoes, I added roasted red peppers and I’m not sorry!
Want even more pasta? See how I spiced up this buffalo chicken mac and cheese!
Because there are so many varieties of this recipe out there, I improvised and the results were delicious.
The verdict? This tiktok feta pasta is legit!
Baked feta pasta is a cross between pesto and spaghetti and if you ask me, it’s the best of both worlds.
Yes, tiktok helped make this recipe mainstream in the US, but it actually originated a couple years ago overseas with a simple recipe from Tiiu Piret.
After some updates and a name change from Finnish blogger, Jenni Hayrinen, this “uunifetapasta” was born!
Baked Feta Pasta with Tomatoes and Roasted Red Peppers
In the spirit of creativity, I decided to improvise a little more and I love how our version of this viral recipe turned out!
We ate it for dinner and my husband and I fought over the lunch leftovers the next day!
Feta Pasta Shopping List
For my version of this tasty recipe, you will need the following ingredients.
The fun part about this is using the basic idea, you can go as simple or as fancy as you want!
Ingredients for Baked Feta Pasta:
- Feta cheese (block or crumbled)
- Cherry tomatoes
- Roasted red peppers
- Olive oil
- Apple cider vinegar
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Red pepper flakes
- Lightly dried basil
- Fresh spinach
- Rotisserie chicken breast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese
How to Make Feta Pasta
Start with your feta cheese in the middle of a 9×13 pan and surround it with cherry tomatoes and roasted red peppers.
Pour olive oil and apple cider vinegar over the whole pan and lightly toss the veggies to coat.
Then sprinkle your seasonings and bake!
Add cooked shredded chicken and spinach to your pan after it comes out of the oven.
Then toss in the cooked pasta (I used shells) and lightly dried basil.
That’s it! Season with salt and pepper and add parmesan cheese to taste.
This recipe was so good, I can’t wait to make it again. Maybe tiktok isn’t just for the kids after all!
Print the Recipe: Baked Feta Pasta with Red Peppers
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1 package feta cheese (block or crumbles)
- 1 1/2-2 roasted red peppers (from jar)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup Apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup fresh basil or 1/4 cup lightly dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1lb pasta
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
- 1 Rotisserie chicken breast (shredded)
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- In a 9x13 pan, place feta cheese in the center and surround with cherry tomatoes and roasted red peppers
- Toss veggies with olive oil and apple cider vinegar
- Season with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder
- Sprinkle red pepper flakes over feta
- Bake for 35 minutes
- While baking, boil pasta
- Gently stir baked cheese and tomatoes, lightly crushing them into a sauce
- Stir in spinach and chicken
- Add pasta and basil
- Enjoy topped with parmesan, salt and pepper to taste
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 371Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 332mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 5gSugar: 5gProtein: 23g
Nutrition information is estimated and may vary based on products used. Please verify with your ingredients.