It doesn’t get much better than soup in the slow cooker on a cold day.
This tomato tortellini soup with chicken and spinach is light and hearty at the same time and oh so delicious!
Even my kids love it, spinach and all!
My love of soup is something I have passed on to my boys and I am so glad. You can get a lot of veggies in there!
One of their favorites is this sausage kale soup, so I was hopeful they would love this one too.
And when you eat it with a nice warm piece of french bread….well, need I say more?
Slow Cooker Tomato Tortellini Soup Recipe
Tomato tortellini soup is as easy as it gets, especially when you make it in the slow cooker!
Make it even easier and have your chicken delivered to your door!
Make it with uncooked chicken breasts or use pre-cooked rotisserie chicken if you’re short on time.
You will love it!
And for next time, be sure to bookmark this tasty baked feta pasta recipe!
Tomato Tortellini Soup Ingredients
What I love about this soup is how simple and easy it is to enjoy fresh veggies as comfort food.
True story, veggies in soup are magical.
Here is what you will need:
- Tomato Sauce
- Chicken Broth
- Chicken Breast (uncooked or rotisserie)
- Salt & Pepper
- Parmesan Cheese
This recipe calls for a slow cooker (or Crockpot), but you could also simmer it on the stove if you prefer.
I also love making these sweet and spicy meatballs in my slow cooker. So easy!
Top your soup with parmesan cheese and serve with lightly toasted crostini. It’s so good!
Looking for more chicken recipes? Try our marinated chicken stir fry next!
Print the Recipe
- 3 medium carrots
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 cups + 1⁄2 cup of tomato sauce - 700g
- 1lb chicken breasts (about 3)
- 4 cups of chicken broth - 1litre
- 9 ounces of cheese tortellini (uncooked)- 250g
- 4 large handfuls of spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese for serving
- Peel and slice carrots
- Peel and chop onion
- Peel and slice garlic cloves
- Add all the ingredients into the slow cooker, except for the tortellini, spinach, parmesan and salt and pepper.
- Combine, cover and cook on high until the chicken is tender, 3 to 4 hours.
- About 30 minutes before serving, remove the chicken breast and shred: place your cooked chicken breast on a plate, separate the chicken meat using two forks. Return shredded chicken to soup (if using pre-cooked chicken skip this step)
- Add spinach and tortellini. Stir, cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until the tortellini are al dente cooked through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir.
- Serve with grated parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 318Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 86mgSodium: 1493mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 4gSugar: 7gProtein: 33g
Nutrition information is estimated and may vary based on products used. Please verify with your ingredients.