Using fresh vegetables, spices and a tangy sauce, this marinated chicken stir fry may quickly make it to the top of your menu plan.
This recipe is an easy crowd pleaser the whole family loves.
Serve alone, with noodles or over rice for a delicious Asian-inspired meal.
My family loves stir fries in many variations, whether it’s take out, homemade or on the grill while camping.
Stir fry recipes are one of my favorite quick and easy comfort meals. It also makes a great freezer meal if you like to prep ahead of time.
What to Buy – Ingredients List
For this easy stir fry, you can really use whatever vegetables you like or need to use up. This easy recipe calls for the following items:
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts or chicken thighs
- Red pepper
- Yellow pepper
- Broccoli florets
- Snow peas (snap peas work too)
- Baby bella mushrooms
- Soy sauce
- Chicken broth
- Honey or light brown sugar
- Minced fresh ginger (ground ginger works too)
- Garlic (minced or fresh)
- Sesame oil for marinade
- Vegetable oil or Olive oil for cooking
Optional for Serving:
- Udon Noodles
- Rice (brown or white)
- Sesame seeds
- Green onions
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Water Chestnuts
To cook, use a large non-stick pan on the oven, a Blackstone grill outside, or my favorite when cooking at home; a countertop griddle.
I love my electric skillet because it’s so much bigger than even my largest pan, it’s nonstick and super quick and easy to clean.
Cook your rice on the stove while you prepare the meat and veggies in the griddle and dinner is done in under 40 minutes!
Marinate the Chicken
Start by creating your marinade.
In a medium bowl, whisk cornstarch and water together until smooth.
Then, whisk soy sauce, ¼ cup chicken broth, honey, ginger, sesame oil and of course garlic for the garlic lovers into the mix until well combined.
Cut chicken into bite size pieces and add to marinade. Then set aside.
It already smells so good. You can tell this chicken stir fry will have tons of flavor!
Prepare the Vegetables
Cut peppers, broccoli, mushrooms and carrots into thin slices and set aside.
To a large skillet or griddle, add 1 tablespoon oil and heat to medium high.
Pour the chicken and marinade into the pan cook 5-7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
Transfer chicken from pan into a clean bowl.
Then, add the remaining tablespoon oil to your skillet and cook peppers, broccoli and carrots over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes or until they begin to turn soft.
Add mushrooms and snow peas to the hot pan and cook 3-5 minutes or until all vegetables are soft.
Pour chicken broth and continue cooking. Note: the amount of broth you use will depend on how thick you want your stir fry sauce.
Continue cooking until broth is reduced.
Add cooked chicken pieces back to pan and continue cooking 3-5 minutes or until liquid is reduced to consistency you like.
Serve immediately and garnish with green onions and sesame seeds if desired.
Stir fry chicken is one of my favorite easy recipes and it’s so versatile.
Enjoy over white rice, add fried rice, or use udon noodles. You can even add the stir fry to lettuce wraps or cauliflower if you want a lower carb option.
To spice it up, add Sriracha or red pepper flakes to taste. So good!
Print the Recipe:
This easy stir-fry chicken makes a great easy dinner or make ahead meal for weekday lunches.
The delicious sauce is full of flavor that compliments the fresh veggies and of course, chicken!
Marinated Chicken Stir Fry
Be sure to check out my tips and tricks in the post. Scroll up to read!
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons honey or light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger or ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- ½ red pepper sliced thinly
- ½ yellow pepper sliced thinly
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 bag 6 oz snow peas
- 1 large 1 cup carrot, sliced thinly on diagonal
- 1 package 8 oz baby bella mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- ½ – 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 ½ cup brown rice prepared as directed on bag
- In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch and water together until smooth
- Add soy sauce, ¼ cup chicken broth, honey, ginger and sesame oil and whisk until well combined
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces and add to marinade
- Let chicken set while cutting vegetables
- Cut peppers, broccoli, mushrooms and carrots, set aside
- To a large skillet, add 1 tablespoon oil and heat to medium high
- Add chicken and marinade, cook 5-7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink
- Remove chicken from pan and transfer to bowl
- Add remaining tablespoon oil to skillet
- Cook peppers, broccoli and carrots over medium high heat 5-7 minutes or until they begin to turn soft
- Add mushrooms and snow peas to pan and cook 3-5 minutes or until all vegetables are soft
- Add chicken broth and continue cooking. Note: the amount will depend on how thick you want your stir fry
- Continue cooking until broth is reduced
- Add chicken mixture back to pan and continue cooking 3-5 minutes or until liquid is reduced to consistency you like
- Serve immediately with rice and garnish with green onions and sesame seeds if desired.
Nutrition information is estimated. For the most accurate info, always doublecheck with your ingredients.