Chocolate Candy Corn Rice Krispies Treats
on Jul 15, 2022, Updated Apr 03, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Whether you love candy corn or dread the chewy candy each year, these chocolate candy corn Rice Krispies treats are for everyone!
They are the best of both worlds with the look of candy corn, but the taste of a chocolate dipped marshmallow treat.
This recipe is easy to make and would be perfect for a Halloween party or Thanksgiving dessert.
Let the kids help make them for a fun family activity during the holidays.
Ingredients for Candy Corn Rice Krispie Treats
If you have ever made cereal treats before, this recipe will be familiar.
Simply add your crispy rice cereal to some butter and marshmallows. Then we’ll shape them and dip in chocolate. For another tasty idea, try these cookies and cream treats next!
- Rice Krispies Cereal – or another crispy rice cereal. We love how easy it is to mix this with the melted marshmallows but feel free to use whatever cereal you have.
- Butter – unsalted butter is recommended but it’s ok to use salted butter if that is what you have.
- Marshmallows – Either large or mini marshmallows are fine.
- Pure Vanilla Extract – Nothing beats the real thing. If you have Mexican vanilla, even better!
- White Chocolate Chips – For dipping
- Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips – For dipping. Or you can use yellow candy melts for a classic look.
- Orange Gel Food Coloring – to create the base candy corn color.
- Coconut oil or Crisco – for consistency with the melting chocolate
- Non-stick cooking spray – to make mixing and handling the sticky mixture easier.
You will also need parchment paper and two disposable cake pans or pie plates to shape the treats. These can usually be found at the dollar store.
How to Make Them
Add marshmallows and butter to a large microwavable bowl and place in the microwave.
Heat for 2 minutes. Then, add orange coloring and vanilla to marshmallows and mix until incorporated.
Pour melted marshmallow mixture into a large bowl with rice cereal and mix well. I like to spray the bowl and my hands with non-stick cooking spray as it makes the process much easier.
Split the cereal mixture into two equal halves and add each half to a disposable pie pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
Let sit for two hours.
Then, cut each circle into 8 even triangle pieces.
If you prefer not to use the microwave, you can melt the marshmallows and butter on the stove instead.
In a large saucepan melt butter over medium heat and stir frequently to avoid burning.
Add in marshmallows and continue stirring over the heat until marshmallows are melted. Then add in orange coloring and vanilla and mix well.
Follow the rest of the steps as outlined above.
Dip in Chocolate
Once your triangles are cooled and cut, we will dip the ends in chocolate to create our candy corn.
First, melt white chocolate with 1 tsp coconut oil to keep chocolate from seizing. I like to microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each.
Once the chocolate is melted, dip the point of each triangle in the white chocolate and allow it set for about 10 minutes on parchment paper.
Then, melt the mini chocolate chips or yellow candy melts with 1 tsp of coconut oil in the same way.
Dip the top edge of the each Rice Krispies treat in the chocolate and let set on parchment until chocolate is set. Enjoy!
Store leftovers in an airtight container.
Print the Recipe:
We love fun treats for Halloween parties, Thanksgiving parties, or whenever you want to have some tasty treats at home. I hope you love them!
Want even more marshmallow goodness? Try these Pumpkin Rice Krispies Treats next time.
Candy Corn Rice Krispies Treats
- 2 pie plates or round cake pans
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 10 oz mini marshmallows
- 1 stick butter
- Orange food coloring
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 tsp coconut oil, separated
- Add marshmallows and butter to a large microwavable bowl
- Microwave for 2 minutes.
- Add orange coloring and vanilla to marshmallows and mix until incorporated.
- Pour melted marshmallow mixture into a large bowl with rice krispies, mix until well incorporated.
- Split mixture in two and add each half to a disposable pie pan
- Let rice krispies set for two hours
- Cut rice krispies into 8 even triangle pieces
- Melt white chocolate with 1 tsp coconut oil to keep chocolate from seizing.
- Dip the tips of each triangle rice krispie in melted white chocolate and set for 10 min on parchment paper.
- Melt mini chocolate chips with 1 tsp of coconut oil
- Dip the wide end of each wedge into the chocolate and let set on parchment until chocolate is set
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.